As part of an investigation by the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) and the Frankfurt am Main Public Prosecutor's Office - Central Office for Combating Internet Crime (ZIT) - it was possible to shut down the darknet platforms "BoyVids 6.0", "Forbidden Love" and "Child Porn Market", in which photographs and videos depicting sexual violence against children were offered for exchange or purchase. The platforms that were switched off were currently the largest providers of images of sexual violence against children on the Darknet.
In addition, three suspects have been arrested in Germany in recent weeks, including the alleged main administrator of all three platforms. The accused are strongly suspected of gang-related distribution of child pornography.
The dark web platforms
After BKA and ZIT successfully took the “Elysium” platform (111,000 registered users) offline in 2017 and the “Boystown” site (400,000 registered users) in 2021 and arrested those responsible, the “BoyVids 6.0” platform had been in use since last year established as an exchange site for images of sexual violence against children, in this case boys. 410,000 registered users were able to access photographs and videos depicting sexual violence against male children.
The “Forbidden Love” site functioned on the Darknet as an exchange platform for images of sexual violence against girls. It existed since February 2022 and at the time of its shutdown had 846,000 registered users who had access to photographs and videos depicting sexual violence against female children.
The “Child Porn Market” site, which has been online in the Tor network under the abbreviation “CP Market” since around October 2022, was aimed at selling images of sexual violence against children. Around 120 video files of sexual violence against male and female children were recently offered here.
The high number of registered users can be seen against the background that the three platforms were internationally oriented and accessed from all over the world.
However, the platforms were largely controlled from Germany. The alleged main administrator, a 21-year-old from Saxony, is said to have already been active on the “Boystown” platform, which was taken offline in 2021. There he is said to have participated in the exchange of child pornographic material. After “Boystown” was closed, the accused is said to have founded the successor platform “BoyVids 6.0”. His arrest took place on November 29th, 2022 after intensive investigations by the BKA and ZIT, which substantiated the accusation against him and ultimately successfully uncovered the identity of the man who operated anonymously in the Tor network.
Two other men who were also accused of distributing child pornographic material were also arrested. These are a 44-year-old from Lower Saxony, who was arrested on November 6, 2022, and a 45-year-old from Schleswig-Holstein , who was finally arrested on December 13, 2022.
At the same time as the police measures in Germany, there was also an arrest abroad at the end of November 2022 in close coordination with ZIT and BKA. An administrator of the darknet platform “Forbidden Love” was arrested in Brazil.
The investigations against other previously unknown operators and users of the platforms are ongoing.
The three platforms “BoyVids 6.0”, “Forbidden Love” and “Child Porn Market” have no longer been accessible since the beginning of December 2022. In the course of the shutdowns, data containing hundreds of thousands of images of sexual violence against children were secured and prevented from further distribution due to the shutdown.
The success of the operation is also based on the good international cooperation with the BKA's partner offices in Brazil (Policia Federal), the USA (FBI) and Australia (AFP).
Source:
PP/BKA
Interesting in this context: German law enforcement authorities have succeeded in striking several darknet platforms on which depictions of child sexual abuse were spread.
However, the content can apparently still be accessed with knowledge of the links to the illegal content. – Depictions of abuse are still not systematically deleted
If you enjoyed this post and value the importance of well-founded information, become part of the exclusive Mimikama Club! Support our work and help us promote awareness and combat misinformation. As a club member you receive:
📬 Special Weekly Newsletter: Get exclusive content straight to your inbox.
🎥 Exclusive video* “Fact Checker Basic Course”: Learn from Andre Wolf how to recognize and combat misinformation.
📅 Early access to in-depth articles and fact checks: always be one step ahead.
📄 Bonus articles, just for you: Discover content you won't find anywhere else.
📝 Participation in webinars and workshops : Join us live or watch the recordings.
✔️ Quality exchange: Discuss safely in our comment function without trolls and bots.
Join us and become part of a community that stands for truth and clarity. Together we can make the world a little better!
* In this special course, Andre Wolf will teach you how to recognize and effectively combat misinformation. After completing the video, you have the opportunity to join our research team and actively participate in the education - an opportunity that is exclusively reserved for our club members!
Notes:
1) This content reflects the current state of affairs at the time of publication. The reproduction of individual images, screenshots, embeds or video sequences serves to discuss the topic. 2) Individual contributions were created through the use of machine assistance and were carefully checked by the Mimikama editorial team before publication. ( Reason )

